So you’ve finally decided to implement a comprehensive data archiving strategy in your Salesforce Org? Better late than never, right? Now that you have taken the first (& most important) step in this direction, all that’s left to do is implement the data archival strategy in your system & begin archiving redundant data right off the bat. But hold on, you really didn’t think it would be that simple.
Before going ahead & implementing the strategy, you need to understand that the data archiving process is a lot trickier than it appears at first. Prior to archiving data, business leaders need to have a clear understanding of some important aspects related to Salesforce data archiving in the coming years. Let’s see what those are, in more detail:
Inevitable Data Boom – Exactly how well do you think your system is prepared for the data boom that is expected in 2022 & the coming years? In this highly-competitive, hybrid cloud environment, your enterprise needs to be prepared to manage all the data that is being generated from multiple sources, be it Salesforce, other AppExchange solutions, third-party apps, etc. Therefore, your data archival solution should be capable enough to handle massive volumes of data & be scalable enough to evolve as the volume of Salesforce data grows in the future.
Data Centralization & Customer 360 – As the data in Salesforce continues to grow, there is a pressing need for a centralized database where all the data is collected, stored, & maintained. Think something similar to Salesforce’s Customer 360, which brings together data from multiple sources & makes it accessible to all. Similarly, even your centralized data repository needs to be accessed by all users, so your data archival solution must be able to keep the archived data completely accessible to the users.
High-speed Data Processing – As the Salesforce ecosystem becomes more fast-paced, users don’t have the bandwidth to sit around & wait for things like data archiving, data backup, data processing, etc to take place. Processing massive volumes of data & deriving meaningful insights from it is the need of the hour. So, before you implement an archival solution in your system, always make sure to check its data processing capability.
Also Read: Top 5 Salesforce Data Archiving Trends To Look Out For in 2022
Data Analytics & Reporting – Imagine you have a seasoned Salesforce Org, with multiple third-party applications, that generate a massive volume of data daily. But what do you intend to do with all that information? Sure, simply retaining it in long-term archives for compliance purposes will not be your ultimate aim, right? In fact, using that data to extract meaningful information & make better business decisions should be your primary goal. For this reason, make sure your archival solution has the capability to support & perform data analytics.
Automating Data Archival – As we mentioned earlier, Salesforce users don’t have the time, these days, to sit around & monitor things. In fact, automation & automated processes are the future, even when it comes to archiving the data in Salesforce. Make sure that your chosen data archival solution is more policy-driven so that you can schedule the data archiving job in advance & get rid of the hassles of manual archiving.
DataConnectiva: Supercharge Your Archiving Experience
So there you have it! Those are some of the important factors you need to consider before implementing a data archival solution in your Salesforce system. In this respect, if you haven’t considered DataConnectiva as your desired data archiving solution, you should definitely add it to your list. This enterprise-grade solution will enable you to seamlessly archive your legacy data in Salesforce into your desired external database (Postgres, Redshift, MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL) by leveraging any cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP, Heroku) or on-premise platform. The app easily meets all the requirements we listed above:
- Scalability & Data Boom – The solution easily handles massive volumes of data & intelligently archives all the legacy data into the user’s preferred database. Not only this, the solution’s pay-as-you-go model allows it to grow as the data grows which makes it a highly scalable solution.
- Data Centralization – DataConnectiva supports multiple solutions & can bring together data from multiple sources with complete security. It also keeps the archived data available to the users at all times & gives them 100% control over the data.
- Data Processing – By processing more than 1 million data records in just 100 minutes, DataConnectiva has rightly earned the position of being the fastest data processing solution. The solution even has the capacity to process 10 million to 14 million records in a single day.
- Data Analytics – DataConnectiva allows users to integrate different BI tools (Tableau, Power Bi, Qlik Q, etc) with their Salesforce system & leverage them to generate powerful & highly customized data analytics reports.
- Process Automation – The data archiving process in DataConnectiva is extremely policy-driven & automated. By supporting different archiving types (filter-based, API-based, trigger-based, etc), the solution makes data archival seamless & free from manual intervention.
Yes, the app can do all this & so much more like maintain complex object relationships, allow easy restoration, boost compliance, support global search of data, & give 10X+ ROI. To understand the archiving solution better, please get in touch with our experts or have a look at this comprehensive product datasheet.