Data is surely the driving force behind all the business processes. This huge amount of data and records though gives an enterprise a slight edge over its competitors, but it also comes with its own set of challenges in terms of collection, storage, analytics, and management. In such cases, Salesforce as a CRM platform comes to the rescue of such companies. Salesforce offers its valuable service to more than 150,000 enterprises all around the world. Equipped with a 360-degree holistic view of every customer, companies can make well-informed decisions, generate more leads, and multiply their chances for success and business growth.
But even Salesforce has its limitations in terms of storage space in order to maintain best-in-class platform productivity. The good thing is that Salesforce, being the #1 customer relationship management solution, allows its customers to address such storage concerns using various external systems. One such viable solution is AWS. Launched in 2002, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a comprehensive cloud computing platform that offers flexible, reliable, scalable, easy-to-use, and cost-effective computing solutions. In addition to being easy to use, AWS web services interface allows companies to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere on the web.
Owing to such features, the Salesforce system can be easily integrated with AWS which in turn enhances its collaboration and data management capabilities. Some of the primary reasons to choose this collaboration for your business growth are:
- Lower Investment
- Quick Inter-Entity Linking
- Increased Customer Coverage and ROI
- Store Large Documents
There are several ways in which the Salesforce-AWS integration can be implemented in one’s enterprise. Some of the popular integration tools have been listed below:
- Salesforce Connect– Salesforce offers the Salesforce Connect tool which gives unabridged access to the data, records, and information stored in the Salesforce system, directly from various external storage systems in real-time. The major disadvantage of this solution is that it is available only for the Enterprise and Unlimited Editions customers and is rather high-priced.
- Custom-built integration application– Another option is to get a customized application designed according to the Salesforce admin’s particular requirements. Such an app is actually very flexible and can also be used to connect to different external systems. There may be extra costs involved, if the internal Salesforce admin is not able to build the custom app himself.
- Salesforce AppExchange integration applications– Probably the best possible solution for such integration is browsing through the applications available on the Salesforce AppExchange. A good thing about such apps is that they are highly customizable.
One such application which is very popular among Salesforce admins is DataConnectiva. DataConnectiva is an EXTERNAL data archiving solution that lets the Salesforce enterprises archive their historical legacy data into an external storage system of their choice, making use of its custom archiving policies. This data can then be stored in the preferred external storage system without losing out on the data integrity and maintaining 100% data accessibility.
Using DataConnectiva for carrying out the Salesforce and AWS integration has its own benefits:
- Reliable Long-term Data Management Strategy
- Optimized Internal Data Storage
- Reduced Data Storage Costs
- Improved CRM Performance
- 100% Data Retention for Compliance & Audit
- DataConnectiva benefits like Auto-scheduling, Global Search & Encryption
Currently, DataConnectiva supports several Cloud & On-premise database service platform providers like Amazon, Google, Azure, Heroku including various databases such as Postgres, Redshift, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, and more. To know more about DataConnectiva, please get in touch with us.