Every day, people working in various organizations around the globe generate a massive amount of data. The importance of data collection and its analysis leveraging these industries is determined by the accuracy of the information gathered, which results in well-informed decisions being made. Healthcare industry is one such industry that is greatly influenced and altered by such data. In the healthcare sector, data tracking and analysis can actually help in solving both the organizational issues, like reducing workloads and increasing profits of a medical agency, as well as the global problems, such as forecasting epidemics and combating existing diseases more efficiently.
An extensive galore of crucial and sensitive data is generated from various sources such as hospital records, patients’ medical records, results of medical examinations, and biomedical research. This voluminous data requires proper management in order to produce meaningful information. But there are several challenges that arise when data management processes are implemented on the data:
- Poor data quality
- Overloaded Storage
- Lack of Unified format
- Inaccurate data
- Security threats
Effective healthcare data management includes understanding where the data is and moulding it into some form where it can be appropriately managed. Through efficiently managing their data, health systems can create holistic views of patients, personalize their treatments, suggest advanced treatment methods, improve communication between doctors and patients, and enhance health outcomes. By integrating several CRM systems, generating and handling general information, providing reports, and analyzing various issues also becomes easier.
To carry out this data management in healthcare industries, there are various key elements that have been listed out below:
- Data Governance– Data governance entails defining the key data which is shared across multiple systems used by the healthcare organizations which creates a single data source that can be used for care improvement and overall patient safety.
- Data Integration– Data integration refers to aggregating data from multiple sources, cleaning this data, transforming it, and transporting it into data repositories.
- Data Enrichment– Data enrichment prepares data for analysis performed by various healthcare quality measurement tools which extracts meaningful and standard discrete information out of the raw data.
- Data Storage– Data storage ensures that the organization gets all the necessary data for running different analytics and diagnostic processes.
- Data Archiving– Finally data archiving leverages the on-site storage systems by taking out the redundant and hardly-used data from the system and storing it in a different repository. This ultimately reduces the strain on the internal storage.
To help healthcare industry enterprises in the final step of managing their data and creating a robust data archiving strategy for their important Salesforce data, DataConnectiva was launched into the market. DataConnectiva, an easily available application on the Salesforce AppExchange, is an EXTERNAL data archiving solution that lets Salesforce enterprise customers archive their historical data by making use of its custom archiving policies. Salesforce admins can easily store this data in their preferred external storage system without losing out on the valuable data integrity.
This structured archiving solution itself takes care of all the complex data relationships maintaining both data accessibility and referential integrity. In addition to this, DataConnectiva is also compatible with both types of Salesforce frameworks, namely Lightning and Classic. Its inbuilt capabilities enable it to seamlessly integrate with a wide range of external storage systems such as several Cloud and On-premise database service platform providers like Amazon, Google, Azure, Heroku including various databases such as Postgres, Redshift, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, and more. To know more about DataConnectiva, please get in touch with us.
If you are still on the fence about moving your data outside the Salesforce system, then the native data archiving solution called DataArchiva will suit your needs. This popular data archiving tool moves all the historical data from the primary data storage space to the Big Data-based ‘Big Objects’ storage. Through this, Salesforce admins can drastically reduce the storage costs by up to 85%, improve the CRM performance by two times, and boost user experience while still ensuring data security and integrity. To know more about this solution, set up a demo here.